This project contains all information about NEMO development organisation and processes. It is open to all, although some development features may by available to developers only, see Contributing section in Users guide
- Contributions are welcome
- Development resources and on line documentation
- Communications tools
NEMO is developed in a sustainable way: the releases are expected to be reliable and the code to be modular and readable, allowing projects to develop and add new pieces for their own needs. The NEMO shared modelling framework is developed by NEMO Consortium. The development is organised and scheduled through NEMO Consortium bodies:
- Yearly workplans describe ongoing developments are implemented by the System Team, comprised of consortium developers and external sponsored contributors. Their current status: activities by milestone
- Working groups gather community expertise for advising on specifc fields
- The NEMO development strategy
Contributions are welcome
You are welcome to contribute to NEMO shared platform development. Details on how to proceed. Once your proposed development is scheduled in the work plan, you will be guided and sponsored by one of the NEMO Officers for the duration of the development.
Development resources and on line documentation
- User guide (= How to use NEMO)
- NEMO Reference Manuals (= Detailed description of the code and its content):
- NEMO coding rules in Chapter G of NEMO Reference Manual
- NEMO module template in src/OCE/module_example.F90
- Development workflow with GitLab
- Open-access archive: datasets and publications (manuals, reports or deliverables)
- Former forge under SVN+Trac (code development platform until 4.2 release)
- Mailing lists
- Developers chat (invitation are sent by the NEMO Officers).
- Forum to exchange on topics and answer questions within the NEMO community.