New developments on mass flux convection scheme for active tracers
Some people in our team (Mercator and CNRM/Météo-France) have worked on the mass-flux convection scheme (MFC, Giordani et al., 2020). See this for a status with realistic-configuration (iORCA025) diagnostics.
In comparison with the main branch:
- the coding conventions have been adapted to
- slight modifications in the coding structure with a clearer separation between
zdfmfc.F90(which handle the convection-related physics) and other new source files (e.g.,
tramfc.F90) for its impact on tracer tendencies;
- modifications in the
namzdf_mfcnamelist for better tuning opportunities;
- passive tracers (through TOP) can now be convected as well.
- convecting U/V has been implemented (
ln_edfmuv = .true.) but is numerically unstable as of now on 3D config (it's stable on 1D configs though)
- convecting the TKE is now possible as weel (
ln_edmftke = .true.).
Would it be possible to open up a development branch to share these sources?